Pupils are distributed across 17 mainstream classes and 4 nursery classes.
Our teaching staff consists of the Head Teacher, two Depute Head Teachers, two Principal Teachers (job share), our staff compliment for the school, visiting specialists and SFL teachers.
Non teaching staff is provided by office and janitorial staff as well as Pupil Support Assistants (PSAs), Nursery Nurses, Cooks, Canteen Assistants and School Cleaners.
Our school arms and motto were granted to Banchory Academy in 1955 by the Lord Lyon King of Arms, Sir Thomas Innes of Learney. At that time Banchory Primary was a department of the Secondary School.
The figure on the badge is St. Ternan, the Patron Saint of Banchory. Around him are a holly leaf, representing Durris and the Horn of Leys, representing Crathes. These are two of our Local Education and Recreation Network areas North and South of the River Dee. The two open books signify learning.
The Latin motto “Ex Intellegenstia Vires” means “From Understanding Comes Strength”.