Hello and welcome to the Banchory Primary Parent Council webpage. Here you will find out more about who we are, what we do and how you can participate.
Parent Council Newsletter
Who We Are
The PC is an independent body with its own constitution. It provides a means by which any parent or guardian can find representation to the staff body and aims to support the school in providing the best learning environment for our children.
Parents and guardians of all pupils at Banchory Primary School and Nursery make up what is known as the ‘Parent Forum’. It is the task of the Parent Council to represent that Forum within communications to and from the staff of the school. Topics discussed can vary from parking and road safety to staffing and pupil-related issues, policy development, homework and funding, as well as the appointment of senior members of staff.
The PC seeks to be as representative of the Forum as possible and welcomes new members at any time (please email email@example.com for further details).
Objectives and Current Key Focus Areas
The objectives of the Parent Council include:
- To work with the school to create a welcoming school environment which is inclusive for all parents.
- To promote partnership between the school, its pupils, all its parents, the PTA and the wider community.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education, welfare and health of the pupils to their fullest potential.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
Key focus areas currently include supporting and enhancing learning environments and building community and business networks (supporting the aims of the Developing the Young Workforce initiative).
Amongst other things, last year the PC has:
- introduced a new online system for ordering school uniforms,
- promoted fair trade and enterprise through supporting the children to run hot chocolate stalls with the profit going to the food bank,
- initiated, together with the PTA, work on a new school library,
- consulted with the Pupil Council to develop the school playgrounds,
- supported CPD training of Early Years staff,
- supported the school in looking at important Road Safety measures,
- represented BPS at meetings of the Aberdeenshire Parent Council Chairs, Connect – the Scottish Parent Teacher Council, and Banchory Academy Parent Council.
A copy of the Constitution can be found here.
Meetings are usually held once per term plus an AGM with the PTA, usually in September. In attendance at the meetings are members of the PC, the Headteacher, other members of staff and possibly a locally elected councillor.
Dates of meetings are advertised through the PTA/PC Facebook Page and through Groupcall. If you would like to attend as a non-member or wish for something in particular to be added to the agenda, please email ahead of the meeting.
Minutes of Meetings
Get in Touch
Facebook: Banchory Primary School PTA and Parent Council